It has been quite cold the last couple of days and I think spices really can make you feel warm. And because it is the time right after the holidays and we might still have the resolutions going ( mine usually are fading by now). I will give you a recipe, that is light, but warming and satisfying.
You need (for 4 people):
- 2 medium sized Lake Huron White fish fillets or any other white fish…
- 2 jalapeño peppers or more, if you can handle the heat
- juice of one lime
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- salt to taste
- 1 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 pinch of cumin
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons of avocado oil or olive oil
Mix the juice, oil and spices with the cilantro and the jalapeño peppers and pour over the fish. Let it marinate for about an hour ( if you do not have the time, no big deal, then do not worry about it).
Put the oven to the broil setting and put fish in a roasting pan or griddle, pour the juices over and in the oven it goes, 20 minutes, maximum, turn once…
I serve this with rice, chopped avocados with a bit of lime juice and more cilantro and any kind of slaw.
I made a carrot slaw
- 4 big carrots or medium sized and then maybe 5, grated
- Juice of 2 lemon
- 1/2 cup of olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 medium sized red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup of freshly chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste.
Mix all ingredients and let sit for maybe 20 minutes…
And voila, here you have a great dinner, warming, satisfying. You might use your imagination and pretend you sit at a beach restaurant somewhere in Mexico…